Monday, June 16, 2014

Roses are Red........


An archived photo of my "Abraham Lincoln" rose that did not survive the winter.  I knew that it would not eventually as it was a cheap tea rose and we can't grow tea roses in Iowa unless we bury them in a lot of soil. It did survive two years but now it is gone.




Roses are the theme today as my wife and I celebrate our 30 year wedding anniversary today.  She is such a great woman and I have been blessed to have her as my wife. We will go eat at a traditional Italian restaurant this evening. The place has been in the family for many years in a suburb of Beaverdale.   It is prime rib night and it is one of the many places we ate while we dated back in 1983. They also have great onion rings and coffee.  We were engaged at Christmas time 1983 and were married in June 1984. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. I wish you a wonderful day and I know you will enjoy your dinner. These rose photos are so pretty.

May God richly bless you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you two have a great night out! :)

Patsy said...

lovely roses! And a "Happy, Happy Anniversary" to you both.