Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday Sunshine...........Maybe.


It makes sort of a good picture but I don't understand why it looks this way.  I have a lot coneflowers returning this year from our  two year dry spell and I do hope they do better than this. They did thin out a lot but hopefully I will have a good flush of them.




The raspberries I picked a few days ago did get put into a sauce form.  The amount that I had smashed down with sugar did make exactly one pint of the sauce.  I really like it as a sauce on my ice cream.  Last night I had cookies and creme ice cream and I still put some on to create a great dessert.

I need to go out tomorrow and pick again if it isn't raining continually. I can sneak out during a break but it is more pleasant if it   isn't soaking wet out there.  I didn't mention this before but while I was picking last week I had in my pocket my  pruning shears.  I spent time trimming back all the dead canes and then I picked the area.  I kept shifting along the patch getting a lot of the dead stuff down.  I haven't carried it all away yet but will do so in the future.








My half price purchase of orange petunias had the remains of a couple of other flowers in the pot.  I transferred the whole contents directly into the larger pot.  I am not too concerned about how the strays are doing but the purple and yellow flowers look like they still might revive.  It looks pretty sparse on this side of the pot when the other side is filled with the larger petunias.



We have yet to have sunshine this Sunday morning but it may happen in a while and then maybe not.  We are suppose to have severe storms late this afternoon so we will need to rush home to be with the dogs after church.  We both are weary from walking in the hot sun all morning yesterday to view the arts festival and then we walked inside in air conditioning all afternoon.  It was good for us but it did make a very long day. We will be in a restorative kind of behavior today trying to rebuild from  exercise.  I did work a hard day painting on Friday so I started to drag by noon yesterday. 

We traditionally go to the Spaghetti Works that is downtown Des Moines for our noon lunch.  They have a very large farmers market going on down there so we get to see some of the crowd and sale items while getting to the Works.  They sure had a lot of plants for sale that I would have liked to price but they wouldn't have survived in the car in the hotter than hot afternoon.  We had good food and rested between the two art shows.  We were seated in the front of the place where the large 100 year old store windows face out into the street so we could watch people, vendors and people with their dogs.  It was a good time.

Thank you all for stopping in today.  I hope all my blogging friends are doing well and their summer is a good one.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The coneflowers petals look a little funny...sometimes they are not perfect. I would love those raspberries on ice cream...we sometimes put them on frozen with a little chocolate syrup:)

Anonymous said...

That raspberry sauce looks delicious. That would make any flavor ice cream a treat!
Tomorrow will be a long day for us as the closing on our last home is early morning, then off to run some errands. It takes us a day or two of rest to get over the busy days!
Glad you enjoyed your lunch and people watching. I like to see what breed dogs belong to which people. We saw a very cute mini Australian shep at a yard sale that was so loving.
Hope you won't have bad storms this afternoon. Give the dogs a scratch on the head from us.