Sunday, December 14, 2014

One of Seven...........


Displayed is one of the seven swans a swimming.  The set only had one swan in it to give me a representative of that part of the song.







An antique replica of a santa ornament is shown here.  I bought them before that I discovered that it is an early shape of European glass blown ornaments.  I have had them for 20 years or more some being pink and others being white in color.

The light is so bright from the window that the camera didn't pick up the details of it on its right side. Too much light usually isn't a problem on most things but it is for light colored items.


























I bought a set of these ornaments a few years ago.  They were made in a European country and not in China.  There was all the manger scene members in ornament shapes but the colors were all really different.  This is suppose to be Mary with her white dotted robe.  She must be cold as she has red cheeks and a red nose. I think the Joseph is in purple and the baby Jesus is in browns.












We had sun on Saturday but rain is predicted to hit soon.  We were very warm yesterday, above normal anyway.  I saw a group of people riding on a hay rack last night as someone was having a hay ride event for high school students.  It seemed very strange at this time of the year but the weather was great for them to be out.

It will be good to have a day of rest.  Thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like seeing your ornaments! :)

Dan the Mountain Man said...

I love the ornaments. I have been thinking of getting a different ornament each year now that I have my own house.