Saturday, December 13, 2014

Settled in on Saturday.........


I share this one ornament every year.  It is one of my favorites.  I have to keep track of the time of day in which to shoot pictures from our big tree as I can get some very bad pictures with a tree that is backlighted.



This is a newer indent but its design does bring back a lot of memories.  Living on the farm we would go into town and shop at the Coast to Coast store or the Western Auto Store, which sat side by side on main street.  They were probably small stores but to me they were visiting heaven.  They would have a small amount of decorations and once in a while my mom would let go of a few coins and buy some new ornaments.  The indents were in blues and greens and I will never forget the first one that I broke while hanging it on the tree.  It was a nice green one and it puzzled me so to see the shiny silver coating on the inside of it. I didn't really know that they were glass.

Indents have become popular again but the foreign countries who make them somehow don't understand the traditional colors that was used on them. I don't like to buy them if orange and yellows are on them. The indent design part of them, they do get correct as that is a magical part of the ornament.












Another of the teddy bears on my wife's tree seems happy in  the branches of the tree.












We put up the village today, trying to get to the end of our decorating.  I had brought up all the boxes and now they are all emptied and back into storage.

My wife arranged the imaginary village using books to elevated the back buildings to make it look more realistic.  With snow cloth on top of everything it looks like the buildings are in the hills.  I got all the lights installed in them except for one.  I will have to find a creative solution to get the last building electrified with out putting one more extension cord behind the scenes.




It has been a busy morning at home today and we intend staying home. I have a few more inside chores to do and  I may walk outside to feed birds and squirrels but no travel plans in the works.  We are warmer today but the fog gave us a lot of moisture on everything. 

I had promised to keep sharing the hardy geranium blooms daily but didn't seem to get that done.  I am busy keeping them watered as I want the blooming to continue.

Thank you for your stopping by today.  I seem to not be able to get the comments done each day but I am glad to see your blogs.  Everyone take care.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The Indent ornaments are getting harder and harder to find. I have several...yes the indent part is always silver! Raining here:)