Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday's Things............


The feeder was full until the female downy landed on the the top level.  Birds must judge by size as to who is dominate.  She cleared the feeder in seconds.  The nuthatch is smaller and it was darting in and out without scaring a bird.  I do see there is a junco on the second level that didn't seem to see all that was going on with the top invader.


More things keep being shifted in the house.  As I clean out the store room I found something that can go upstairs.  This is the mirror and bracket that fits on top of the oak set of drawers that we keep in the art gallery.  We need the wall space about the chest so it came off right away and was placed in the bird room/store room. Someday we will have this set all placed together into a bedroom.  We have the tall chest of drawers and a commode that all matches. 



Decorations like this are not carved into the wood but are pieces of carved wood decoration attached to the wood backing.  On some pieces of furniture, like my hall tree, you can see the little nails that help to hold it onto the wood.  This one must have had glue used to attach it as there are no nails visible nor any wood putty filled places.


I am in the math room today for a half day.  It is the upper math classes in high school and normally when this person is gone she leaves me with tests to give to the students.  I never know if I stay for only half or if they find another position for me to fill in to do during the afternoon.  The weather is still not extremely cold.  The wind chill has made it to be uncomfortable outside though but we don't have the snow and rain to make it really awful out there.   Thank you for checking in today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

We have many different woodpeckers that come for a meal, I enjoy seeing them.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your bird visitors and photos. We have a removable hutch on the back of a sideboard/buffet that I would like to remove and store. Our cat Blue has pushed 2 pieces of mother's china off of the hutch and broken them in the last week. The hutch looks ridiculous with NOTHING displayed!
Those blooms are so gorgeous and such a crystal clear pic.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a beautiful mirror. I have a sewing machine that has the carved trim on the front...I think it was glued too cause pieces keep falling off. I really should restore it to original...someday:)