Monday, December 15, 2014

Sing it Bing.........


A gift given to me many years ago was a singing Bing Crosby.  His  arm moved the microphone back and forth as he sang Christmas songs.  His mouth moved up and down and his head did swing back a forth when it was new.  Time has taken a toll on my crooner as I have the mouth taped on with clear tape and he doesn't sing nor move anymore.  His insides sort of wore out in time and he is just an image of is old self now.  Blogger friend, Cattails, did find him on ebay and you can see him singing on the youtube.

I bought a set of ornaments once that had all the manger characters in the set and along with it they had Santa Claus people who probably were suppose to be the wise men.  The more I look at that set the more I think they were made in a Russian country or a former satellite country.  The manufacturer did not really know much about the story of Jesus as they turned the group into a foreign creation. They used colors that would common in their country and not what we would traditional use.  I still like the ornaments even though they are strange interpretations.  The creators liked putting dots on all the depicted cloth materials of the character. I posted an angel on an earlier posting of one of my blogs and she too had white polka dots on her dress.






 I found a box in the basement last week that had some rejected shiny brites. One is a larger ball that came from my wife's family and others seem to have lost their finish.  I may go ahead and incorporate them into the bottom of my container of brites.  The silver one in there seems different colored than the ones that I have and some don't have their hook any more.  I can solve that if I ever need to hang them but probably never will.








 The village has been assembled and it looks better than usual.  We used books and boxes to elevate some of them to represent hills with snow on them.  It is quite a process to get these all out of their boxes and things set up with lights.  We haven't added to the collection for a while but our oldest son gave us a barn and house from a garage sale find last year.




I am in the Special Education room today.  It is kind of a tough day to be here as one of the students in this room lost her father in a house fire this morning.  She of course is not here but the rest of her friends and the staff that worked with Lauren and her older sister are here reflecting on what happen.  The father was wheel chair bound and the two daughters and the dog dig make it out of the burning house. The father was found at the front door dead as he didn't have his legs to walk out of the house to escape the fire. 

The other sad thing is a student of this school died over the weekend.  He and his family lived here at the time when he was in fifth grade.  He developed a severe headache and had an aneurysm putting him into a coma.  Nine years late he died and the age of 19,  leaving a family of mom with many brothers and sisters. His father passed away a couple of years ago from cancer. It was unusual for Bill to have developed the problem so young and has been very difficult for the mom these many years.  He lived in a special facility.

I work today but I am betting this is my last day to work this week.  School gets out on Friday and it will be the last chances for work this year.  Believe me we have a lot of things to get done before Christmas so a few straight days of free time will be used wisely.  

On a side note, if you hear of a house blowing up because the owner has dynamited his furnace fan, that would be near my home or actually my house.  It is needing to be replaced and I see I can actually buy what I need on the internet from Amazon.  It is a strange world.  Don't worry, people, we have heat, we just have an irritating bearing problem on the fan the just comes and go. What a big nuisance factor it is!!!!!!

Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Bing with us. He still looks good even if he has lost his rhythm! Love your village setup; I remember how difficult it was to hide the cords for all the lights. Interesting to see your different ornaments.
That is sad about the students at school. God bless them all.
Hope you can get that furnace fan quieted down!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You better buy that fan and chuck that old one! Such sad news at your school this morning....my goodness those girls will miss their Dad how tragic that he couldn't get out of the house:(

KathyB. said...

I love your village. We have a pretty big Christmas village set-up I might post about later. My husband & I can get pretty elaborate with the village and justify it because our grandchildren love it. But who's kidding who here, my husband is the biggest kid around Christmas !Looks like you are too.