Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Streamlined Junco....


The feathers are all in their correct space and the accents of white makes it look more aerodynamic. When the leave a feeder they sometime drop down in a streak headed for more seeds on the ground.

They seem to be the most loyal to eat at the feeders.  Sparrows are the only other kind that are seem to be eating at the feeders right now.
I bought a new sketch book hoping to get me back into being an artist.  It is a fun book with quality paper that I could watercolor in also. So far it hasn’t helped that I haven’t picked up a pencil and use it.

It isn’t a big sketchbook but it will work well for doing small details drawings. If I can just one drawing started maybe I can get more of them done.  A sketch a day would be a good idea. We will see if that every happens.



It is made up into a nice package with the elastic band to help keep in closed when not in use. You can see why I was tempted to buy it.





Two women who were our neighbors at the old place, stopped by to see our newer home.  The Christmas decorations are partially taken down but it was good to be able to show it with some decoration.  The angel collection is still out  as well as the villages.  The two will be the last to be taken down.  The two angels here are actually new ones my wife received a couple of different years in the past.  I could not find any new ones to add to the collection that would fit with the kinds that my wife collects.  I could buy her a santa or a Mickey Mouse done by this artist but not really any angels were left to buy.
The day is cold and crisp with all that snow freezing into crunchy textures.  Barney doesn’t like to walk on it and I don’t blamer him.  It seems colder out there and stocking caps are necessary.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Pretty and detailed photo of the bird. Your wife's angel collection is so nice. I'm glad your former neighbors were able to see the angels and village. That is a nice sketch book. I visited a store today where a lot of artists had many things for sale and thought of you both. Stay warm and give Barney a scratch from me!

Rose said...

I have lost my mojo, too, as far as quilting, sewing, or anything creative. And it is hard to force it...makes it even worse.

The angels are beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those Jim Shore pieces are awesome! My daughter gifted me an art class online...I haven't started it yet! I like your sketchbook. Hi to Barney!