Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday’s a Go.......


It is a lot like a growth chart when the stand up straight and are side by side. The oldest becomes six in February and the short guy is three in April. Our son took this shot for the Christmas card.

It looks like the youngest one wasn’t so sure about the guy dressed in red. I don’t think he ever made it beside Santa.

I was gifted a mug in the past that had Charlie brown flying a kite that was all tangled up around the rim of the cup. The kite was hanging on the other side with Snoopy looking up at it.  The saying inside said that I needed to unwind today. I got a new mug again from my wife and this one was the same but also very much different.



On the new mug he kite is stuck on  the other side in three dimensional form caught up again.  The tail of the kite is all wrapped around the hands.

The tail has cloth pieces of yellow.  Our old kites when I was a kid were tied with many scraps of different colors of old shirts and worn out handkerchiefs.

In years past my wife’s family would get together and exchanged Christmas gifts.  The sister-in-law would pick up things in the mall after the season and they sometimes were the very unusual. We will get them the next season.  One year my wife and I each received one of these weird snowmen. They sit on a base connected by springs and there is a light inside of their bellies.  I like them as they are so creative.  They did get moved to the new place but they don’t always make it out for display every year.

The day seems to be a gray one so far.  Lots of low clouds and it isn’t so very cold.  It would be nice to see the sun today but I am not sure that will happen. Everyone have a great day.


3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

We finally have sunshine here. That's a great photo of your grandsons. I think the oldest is going to be tall like his dad. The mug is very cute. I remember my brother using grandma's scarves to tie on his rockets that he launched as a kid. Those snowmen are very whimsical.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What cute grands, they are growing up so fast! How wonderful it has been to watch them grow.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your grandsons are growing up fast, Larry, just like our grandchildren. The Peanuts mug is unusual.