Saturday, May 20, 2023

Forgot to Publish.....


 The old Tundra looks like it is in a truck commercial. I had to get the battery charged and it is now back in working condition.  I had the bed filled with tree limbs and brush.  It had been there for almost six months. The clean-up day for our city gave me an opportunity to drive about four miles away and get the load emptied.  It is an old truck but I like having it.  I know it is too big of a truck for an old man to drive around but it helps me get jobs done.  A trip to Ace Hardware is in the near future. 



My battery was down on my camera so I used my I phone to take photos.  The quality is ok but the phone creates different colors.  I like the shot of this iris but it does not look like this,  There is no red on the falls. 



This is one of my new iris that took two years to bloom. I really like the deep blue color of it and it is a big hybrid.



This old iris came from my parents place a few years ago.  It was growing all along their garage.  I don[t know where they got the start of it but I am sure my mom begged it off someone.  The lived there long enough to get it to grow the whole length of the shed. 



I have a story to go with this seed packet but I will wait for another time.  I stopped by the nursery when I returned from the branch dumping.  I bought two more tomato plants bring me up to a total of five plants. I bought an heirloom yellow one just for fun.  I have them in the ground already because they need all the time possible to get them to grow big.  My plants are not as big as my neighbors as they bout more expensive big plants.  I will have to wait a couple of more weeks before i get ripe tomatoes. 

We are cold today but it is going to warm up. It was good for working outside.  I wrote this a few hours earlier and I guess I should publish it.  Thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

The flowers look amazing and as far as tomatoes? I'm still waiting on getting some, our nights have been cold and the days were chilly.
Of course it was nice yesterday afternoon.
I like your truck. I think it is perfect and at times I wish our old truck worked!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice Iris and your cell phone takes nice photos perhaps it sees colors you cannot! :)