Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Wednesday's a Washout.....


 Yesterday's peonies looked like this.  We got over a half inch of rain last evening and now they are all laying on the ground.  My neighbor lady is ready to tell me "I told you so".  She told me that she didn't grow them anymore because the rain will ruin them.  Well I will continue taking my chances as the negative doesn't out weight the positive.  I will go cut a few bouquets of them today and will enjoy them as if they are not on the ground.  My front row of peonies are not on the ground today.


 

Under the maple tree I see that the robins have a nest in that tree. I tried to find the nest but the leaves are just to thick to see through.



My tomatoes are all in the ground now. We are still dry but last nights rain should help out some.  I don't do other vegetables as we can just pick up a can of them at the store. I collected grass and am mulching this year.  No chemicals were sprayed on it this year as I cancelled the service from last year.

 


 

I believe it is a primrose bloom. They are identified byt the four petals.  I see I have more of them blooming after the rain but I took this yesterday when there was just one bloom.



The dark iris called superstition is so heavy with blooms that I have to stake them up now. I have two plantings of this and they are doing so good.  I moved this down from the old place. 



The "William Baffin" rose is growing to large.  I don't really want to trim it back but I do so in the fall.  It doesn't seem to bother it but I like how the rose has flowers on every single branch at all ends. 



My neighbor's iris is hard to photograph but it can be done by place the camera lens right on the crack of the fence boards and it focused right through. 

I did heaving lifting today as I went to Ace Hardware for supplies.  I bought mulch, sand, three red square bricks and three creme colored bricks.  I plans for the bricks and I need to mulch a lot of things.  My stairs that was design by the former owner has bricks laid o ntop of a sand base. It isn't a good design as the sand washes out from under the block steps.  It is complicated to explain so I wiil take a photo later while I am working on them.  Weightlifting means I didn't mow anything today. I've spent my energy for today.  i was told by Ace that I already had a mulching blade on my mower that I needed to just mow mow every four days.  That wasn't what I wanted to hear but I will work on it.  Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I don't mind my peonies falling over, I still enjoy them just like you!

We could use the rain ! It is really dry here with 30% humidity. Yikes.

The Furry Gnome said...

Those peonies and that rose are incredible!