Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thursday's the Day.


 

I do know she is feeding her young birds but they are not big enough yet for me to see them. She is out in the yard after I mowed picking up all the bugs and worms.

 


 

The hosta is responding to the warm temperatures.  I kept thinking that they were not coming up but here they are.  I have new plantings of them in places and they too are sprouting through the ground. 



I inherited this vine. It puts out nice blooms but it is so invasive. I am always pulling it to keep it tamed. I saw in a garden magazine where they planted it in containers around the edges of a bigger plant. That would work better as it could be cut off when it hit the ground. 



I was surprised to see this budding but it is time.  I am thinking it is a white iris and it does bloom earlier than all the others.  I planted that there two years ago and it now is getting established. 



I can't stop taking photos of this. I go out in late afternoon when the light is great and keep finding new compositions with them.



I mowed the backyard this morning.  It was 70° F. already so I did get too warm.  It is so much longer in the backyard than the front so I had lots of grass clippings showing again.  I will be busy tomorrow so I had to get the most of it done today.  I can do the front yard on another day.

We will hit 80° F. this afternoon.  We have a few mild days and then it gets too hot.  I ran the air last night to cool the house down.  I bet I will need to run the air this afternoon.  It is a great sun shiny day and that is good.  Thanks or checking in today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your green grass looks so pretty! That trellis should be great!