Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursday's Things.....


 

I waited two years to see it bloom.  I really had not marked where I had planted it so it was a surprise to see it opened.  The bud was really a dark one and I thought it was probably one of my black iris.  I do think the iris was named "Mother Earth".   

 


 We were welcomed with a smoke haze this morning in our sky.  The Calgary wildfires are sending smoke our way.  We both woke up to the smell of smoke inside.  I turned on the air conditioner to try to filter it out a little bit. 



I mowed again an area in my yard where the grass was left in windrows. I had mowed it on Tuesday.  The mulch setting couldn't keep up with the excess grass  I got two bags where I mowed the second time and it looks better.  Unfortunately I probably need to mow the rest of the backyard.  But that will happen another day.



Another one of my cemetery iris is in bloom now.  I have two more different ones that are yet to bloom.  This one is of a faded color but it still is a nice bloom.  I lost two of my collection in the move.  I lost an all white/cream one and one that was yellow with brown falls.  I bought a new iris commercially that I hope is the brown and yellow one. It is a wait and see situation when it comes to iris.

 It is Thursday and I am done being outside.  We are being warned not to be out there with the smoke as it can bother the lungs when breathed.  I am tired and am glad I don't have to go out again for today.  Thanks for stopping by today. 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Iris are all so pretty! I hope the smoke stays away...but they say it is aloft...so I suppose it will come down again:(