Thursday, July 23, 2026

It's Almost Friday


 The Wednesday evening sky showed evidence of the sun at the end of its setting. 


 I spent the morning trying to stake up all of my zinnias that had been flatten in our wind storm. In my frustration I grabbed the clippers and started trimming back things. I have things staked up with jute twine and staeks in bunches. As the week goes by and I will cut the strings and let be what will be. It was such a great stand of zinnias. 

 

At the other end of the garden I had planted more a couple of weeks later. They are just now starting to bloom and were not tall enough to get flattened by the heavy wind and rain. That was a good thing. From the house I will see the newer blooms first and won't see the mess at the other end. I had to also tie up phlox. 

The clematis was not bothered by the weather and I still have these great blooms. The vines are getting thicker so I am hoping for more blooms. 

 

My youngest sunflower has now started blooming joining the other two that are already in bloom. 


 



We get to see hummingbird wars now as there are three or more of them visiting the feeders. They are hard to catch at the feeder with my camera as they come, drink and leave so quickly. We have had a cooler day today. It is so great. Thanks for stopping by today. 

No comments: