Saturday, September 5, 2026

Busy Work


 While taking my daily sky morning shot I looked up high. There was the moon in the darkness. 



 I originally wanted to share the glow of the clear sky. There were clouds higher in the sky but this was a great glowing sunrise. 

 

I worked outside this morning in spite of the heat. We cooled down to 75 degrees F. over night. It meant that I was working in the 80s by the time I was out this morning. I had some spot mowing that I wanted to do and sprayed for crab grass. I did get my tomatoes picked and I also was working on cleaning out an aquarium getting it ready for me to set it back up again. It really was needing to have its total water replaced. 

The one monarch joined me this morning. I kept dodging inside and out to keep alive with the heat. For some reason the heat has started to shut my morning glories like overnight.

I have been watering them but I guess the endless days of high heat just was too much for them. I see that I have lots of seed pods already so I guess the vines think it is fall. I watered the two new trees today and also watered the tomatoes with all my old aquarium water. That is full of good nutrients and I like to reuse my aquarium water for plants indoors as well as outdoors.  I did get the tank refilled with fresh water which will have to sit for 24 hours to get the chlorine out of it. Tomorrow the fish can be taken from my temporary tank and returned to their home. 

We may get a rain storm tomorrow and it will cool down about 10 degrees from where we have been averaging. Thanks for checking in today. 

No comments: