I had a chance to take shots of two different monarch. They would circle around a lot but did eventually find a zinnia to land on,
I have had many painted ladies out at the flowers almost every single day. There are a lot of them and they stay active most of day. I can look out at them garden and something is moving.
The birds have spread the blue morning glory over to the opposite side of the yard. This is growing in the hosta next to the trellis of the magenta glories.
At the opposite end of the yard these are doing well among the sunflowers. I can see how the birds could move seed in the fall. Every flower puts out a seed pod with three or four black seeds in it ready to sprout in the spring. The morning glories don't like the high temps in the morning so they barely open up when the sun rises. They do shrivel up after an hour or so in the heat. We woke up to 75 degree F. and it was already middle 80s by nine in the morning.
The red dot is not an illusion. It is a young newly hatched humming bird. As the ruby throat continues to mature it will be a complete red band around his neck. I hope he stays around long enough so we can see it. We are reading on the net that the migration has started. It explains why we have so many birds out there at this tine of the year. My wife did see the red dotted bird again this morning but no camera was in hand.
We have a couple of more days of this extreme heat. It is abnormal and yet it is summer borderline fall. I can't do much work outside with it this hot. I did get some work done but then I just had to escape and sit is the air after about and hour. I guess I need to get on to my indoor projects. Thanks for checking in today.

No comments:
Post a Comment