The painted ladies are loving the sedum blooms. I rarely take shots of them with their wings open but they open their wings when feeding from the sedum.
The rains are hard on the sedum. The moisture doesn't hurt the blooms, it is the soil that gets so sogggy that the stems don't want to stand up.
I like the blue on the bottom wings of the Eastern tiger swallowtail. I have only one of these that is hanging around but it seems to be so friendly.
I bought three new angle fish. they are a different variety than the one that I already had. I was glad to see that they all get along. They are from the cichlid family and they can be aggressive and eat others as well as themselves. The koi angelfish is large because he is older. The zebra one will grow up in time.
Zebra ones are striking in their black and white markings. The three have survived the move so I am hoping they will live for a long time. I promise that I will get better pictures of these new three.
The rains are hard on the roses. I have to make the call to deadhead them and I will probably do it down the line. It seems to be like their season is over.
The table is full of houseplants. They are perfect there as the water from rain drips down on them from the deck above keeping them watered and healthy. We never eat down there so the table makes a great plant stand. I have hosta planted in one of the pots and a spare iris in the red one. I will have to get them back into the ground before winter.
It is two years old and it is taking a long time to mature. I have pulled out all competitive plants around it to get it to grow larger. Maybe next season it will be large. I mowed some of my front yard after the grass dried out. I didn't get it all done but there may be a dry morning before it rains again.
Thanks for stopping by today
No comments:
Post a Comment