If it werent' for the cooler weather coming our way I would think we are living in a tropical climate. I have lost track of all of our rian amounts. The weather people really don't have a clear account of it as the rains vary in amounts all over the state. Our big city itself has so many differences in amount totals. I went out to take shots this afternoon and emptied and inch and a half of rain out of my gauge.
Our flowers are in decline and our tree leaf colors change really has not started. I mowed my yard last Thursday and by the time I was done everyone else was out mowing their yards. It was good as it was the only time of the whole week where we could avoid mowing in the rain. The zinnia blooms are holding their own even though some are laying down from different wind storms. I have less morning glory blooms now and the roses are in their final season of blooms. I will deadhead roses one more time just in case the bushes decide to re-bud.
We took off for Hobby Lobby today. We didn't have any big purchases to make. We wanted to get out of the house and it is only a few miles from us now. We got a lot of walking in and did pick up a few things. Saturday is not a good day to shop there but we just dodge all the shopping carts. It didn't rain on us during that time but it did rain before and after we were there. We saw sunshine yesterday and is was so great to see.
The rains hace the hummingbirds changing some of their behaviors. I do thinks some have started to migrate. We still have a few wars for space but there are less birds out there. We ill have bird migrations going on soon. I hear that the pelicans are flying south right now and some are out at our local Lake Saylorville. We hear the Canada geese flying over in now small numbers as they keep changing from different feeding areas. Our corn is being harvested so the are moving out into those areas.
Sunday is coming and thank you for stopping by today.
No comments:
Post a Comment