Thursday, April 2, 2009

Chives in a Box....

Iowa weather is getting better. We are cool and warm, but we definitely are getting longer days of stronger light. The grass looks a little greener even though southern Iowa had snow today.
The tulips are tough and really don't care if it is cold. An ice storm will damage them but other wise a little snow won't hurt them. I am anxious to see the color of the tulips. It has been a long time.
The chives in the box are doing well in spite that I have not change the soil in that container in years. I actually made that redwood box probably 25 years ago and it just keeps on ticking. I will try to dig in and put some potting soil in there pretty soon once it stays warmer.
I haven't seen any bird activity at my birdhouse. I built if first for decoration but secondly it would be nice of something goes in to it. I can count on the sparrows to move in if nothing else does. I saw Martins at a neighbors birdhouse a week ago so I guess I won't get Martins. Either way I will really enjoy the house.
We bought a garden statue of an orange tabby cat at K-mart today. It was hard to do but we think that later we will be glad we did. It looks a lot like our manx kitten that we just lost and it strangely was designed to have a bobbed tail, just like our Nala. I may later photograph it and share. We will put it out on a bench out under the apple tree next to her grave. Thanks for reading.

My newly created birdhouse blog!!!

An earlier blog of the birdhouse in progress!!!


The earliest blog of the first stages of the birdhouse!!!
You can say, enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: