Friday, April 24, 2009

Good-bye old friend.....

I bought my first van in 1996. I loved that thing. It had a great interior, lots of room for carrying lumber from the store and it was fun to drive. Della and I used to travel a lot and it has been to Minnesota so many times. The Button dog as we call him traveled with us and he was so certain we were going to leave him behind. He would get up into the front seat and wait while we loaded the van so as not to be left behind. I have left the Windstar set for a couple of years with a few problems and yesterday I found it had lost it's last mile. The towing to the garage should have told me something but it has just worn out. Rack and pinion, brake lines shot, one strut rusted through, two front tires really in bad shape, dead battery and the entire undercarriage is just plain rusted out. We had an interesting experience with the salvage guy, a very nice guy, who gave me $100 for it and tried to sell me one of his 8 used Taurus cars and also many used vans. We are moving on now. I have a dead grass area where it sat for so long. I think I will plant a garden there for it's memorial. Thanks for reading.....

No comments: