Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Let us eat cake....




When I was young, my mom would let me use the big mixer and make the cakes for the family. I was curious and using the mixer made it fun. Cake mixes were just being made for sale and I think there were only four or five choices of flavors of cake. No pre-made frosting was available. I made my own with powdered sugar, butter and milk. Those old mixers were really noisy and I would get the scraper caught in the blades every once in a while. Now that I am older I realize that it probably helped my mom out a lot to have that task done for her.

The reason I am showing the cake is that one of my French blogspot friends is always putting food on her blog and it looks cool. I joined her blog purely because of this great looking baked chicken dish. She has other great stuff on her blog but the food looks good.The difference is that she gives us great recipes and mine involves a caramel flavored cake mix and coconut pecan frosting from the can. As you can see the frosting is a little thin for putting it on the sides of the cake. Oh well, I mean well. It is my wife's birthday tomorrow and she picks the kind and I bake it. She does the same for me.
Did I mention that cake is my drug of choice? Happy Birthday Della. Thanks for reading....

1 comment:

Erin said...

Two layers - ambitious :) Hope she has a great day!