Sunday, April 5, 2009

Snowing again....


What can I say, it is snowing in Iowa again. It looked pretty serious this morning when the wind was blowing 30 or more miles per hour, but by the time we got back from teaching Sunday School, it had warmed up some. It is still snowing this afternoon but it seems to act more like rain than snow. It is very wet and melting off surfaces of houses and cars.
I saw a show this afternoon or P. Allen Smith and he was talking with an older man about roses. They talked about the Iceberg rose that I bought recently. I talked about it in a previous blog and I know it was a poorer grade, but I am anxious to see it bloom. I took it out of its packing last night ad temporarily planted it in an old child's sand bucket. I was surprised that the packing wasn't shredded wood, but had real dirt held around it's roots with a paper wrapping. What is amazing is that it is going to bloom. I will have to trim it all back when I plant it. I will post a photo when it blooms. Below is a connection to an older blog about my cheap Iceberg rose. Thanks for reading....

My cheap $4 rose

1 comment:

Erin said...

I took a few pictures yesterday that look just like your bottom one. I had to duck the giant, falling snow globs falling from the tree, though. ICK! Hopefully this is the last snow we'll see this season.