Sunday, April 12, 2009

Promises of renewal.....



The seasons remind us of the plan of our ever changing cycles in life. Just when I get discouraged about how bleak it looks like in the garden, the renewal of life starts. The chokecherry tree was planted with the overseeing help of my father-in-law six years ago. It buds out first, sooner than the lilacs, and it will have fragrant white flowers. I have never seen a good crop of berries on it. I am ignorant as to if it is just an ornamental or if the birds just clean it off early in the season. My memories of wild chokecherries were of hundreds of berries that came on in June.
I live in an old house with evidence of the many people who before have lived here. They left me lilacs, bridal wreath bushes, peonies, wild violets, and bluebells. On the farm as a kid we had only one batch of bluebells that came up every year, but they never spread. Our house has bluebells scattered all around it and they look really great. They just keep spreading. As you can see we need more warmth but by the end of the week they may be sprouted out to full height.
I really enjoy reading the blogs of all of my followers and those that don't follow me. I have diverse interests and I find it a privilege to share and to read about others all over the world. I hope everyone has had a great Easter weekend and that our lives will continue to be blessed with hope and happiness. Thanks for sharing and for reading.

No comments: