Monday, December 14, 2009

A busy day, a good day with rewards....




It has been a busy day.  I have now a chance to see some light at the end of the tunnel. The framing business that I was going to quit, of course, is booming, and I hurried all day to get caught up with it as new work was coming in this evening.  It will be an easy frame job of four different items.
My wife helped me paint trim moulding while I was cutting the lengths today.  The trim was for the top of the baseboard, and tomorrow I will cut the quarter round for the bottom of them baseboard.  Then all the trim work will be done.  Anything else that I will do will be like decorating the cake as I want to do some fancy trim on the big window.




I had a request to see this frame job develop and here is how the crochet looks after it has been stretched and starched from the back side.  I took out the pins after it dried and it is keeping it's shape well.  I cut the red and gold mat for it today. Tomorrow my wife and I will get it attached to the mat backing. This is probably the most unusual colors that I have been asked to use on a frame job like this.  Usually I encourage old fashion colors to go with the theme of the crochet.




Three boxes of these ornaments means I am an excessive compulsive ornament person.  I will probably buy no more, unless,,,,,,,, I buy a bigger tree!!! Maybe after Christmas when they all go on sale.





Two of the boxes are filled with what I call small sized ornaments, and this is the box of miniature sized ornaments.  My wife helped me get these on the tree and the tree is full.

I bet you thought you were going to get to see the tree, but you are not.  I didn't get good shots of it tonight and I want to set it up at its final location.  The tree is small enough that I can carry it around.  It is sitting tonight on the top of our new dining room table which the table  is covered with a quilt to protect it during renovation.   The ornaments that fall tonight will land on the quilt and then I will move it to it final location.  Time for bed,  it has been a good day of achievements but I am very tired.  Thanks for reading.....

5 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

My, you are busy. The framing looks like hard work - in time if not effort - and your Christmas decorations must also keep you occupied. Just glad that you still have time to keep us up to date.

Sunny said...

Busy hands are happy hands! I think the crochet looks really nice, even if it's not a more traditional color; I hope you will show it completed. I love all your tree decorations, I'm sure they hold a lot of wonderful memories.
Sunny :)

Valerie said...

Your post was very colourful, Larry, and interesting. Do you put glass over the crochet? It looks lovely but I wondered what happened if when the dust got at it. I used to do a lot of crochet doilies, centrepieces and tablecloths. I once thought of having some framed but the thought didn't go any further.

'My Christmas Reading'
http://tinyurl.com/ydzcty8

L. D. said...

Yes we are going today to buy glass at a supplier in East Des Moines. I have run out of glass so I have five different things ready to be closed in with the frame and glass.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very Nice doilie project..I have one around here someplace with a house on it.
Well you are quite the collector..I love them all ..what a great assortment..and I love your cushy packaging..wonderful! You are as bad as me with the collection of ornaments..I need aboyt three more trees too..I would love to have one just for my old ornaments..maybe next year:)