Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our town.....

When the Christmas season starts, our small town comes out of it's boxes. We have a collection, that probably started as a gift or two, but now is a bargain hunter collection. We like to add to the collection after the holidays, picking up a very discounted item.There are a couple of different brands that seem to be scaled the same so they work together.  They are lighted so that they have more of the old world magic.
























We enjoy setting them up each year and looking for new people figures to go with the town.  Our town will grow as time passes and soon it will go back into it's boxes for another year.

6 comments:

Sunny said...

Your home sounds like it becomes a lovely magical Christmas place during the holidays. I love all the lighted buildings.
Sunny :)

Hilary said...

Nice.. they sure make for great photos. I love the carolers the best.

The Retired One said...

These are adorable. I have always liked them, but didn't know where on earth I would store them away, so never collected them.

Please stop by my blog today. I have something I think you would be interested in.

And, if any other of your readers love photography, they should stop by too! at:
http://myretirementchronicles.blogspot.com

Hope you enter in January!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a beautiful collection you have there Larry !
I have always liked the lighted villages, they just add their own magic to the Christmas spirit.
I have several of the Dickens lighted village pieces, although sadly they remained in their boxes this year.
Your home looks enchanting.

Anonymous said...

Larry, I have always wanted a collection of a village like this! I think I will start one next year for Jane. They are charming!

Thank you for your kind words at my place always!

Valerie said...

Fabulous collection, Larry. I love all the houses, everyone single one is a joy to behold. They make great pictures too.
Happy New Year to you and your family.