Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One more frame job to do.......




We had a last minute frame job come in last week.  It was three different jobs.  Two of them consisted of framed sets of photos of a grandson's wedding.  The third was a more difficult one that required us to make a shadow box, to hold one of the ribbons of the bridesmaid's bouquet.

The above photo shows the detail need to get the mat cut with a second reveal of avocado green. This is the backside, and I was working so fast that I didn't get the front shot. The deadlines are killing me.




This is the back side of the mat for the groom's mothers photos.  The box shape is what will stick out in the back in order to have enough space to hold the ribbon and babble tied to it.  I have put weight on the back mat board to hold it down while the glue dries.




I hope you are not disappointed but I am busy.  I didn't get a chance to photograph the finished work.  They walked out the door a couple of hours ago with a happy customers.  They were to be Christmas gifus.  As you can see there is the ribbon with it's fake green decoration at the knot of the bow.  The ball shape was an inch plus in thickness and the frame was only measuring a mere half in or more.  We created the box to allow the ball to be in the frame, and we actually cut a hole in the back of the box so some of it could stick out the back.  Glass went on top and we slide it into a polished silver metal frame. When we were done it was all leveled out in back and you wouldn't know that there was ribbon and green ball sticking out the back.




This is tree number tree.  It is a bad photo but I will try to do more that be a common photographer later.  The lights are not turned on and the packages aren't wrapped yet that go under it.  It looks pretty spotty with it's decorations.  It sits inside our bay window in the living room.  There is an arched opening above it so it is a perfect spot for it.  I will be putting the last tree up tonight but it won't get decorated until tomorrow.  It is my  wife's teddy bear tree, which is decorated with stuff bears and  a few other cloth animals. 
I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel.  I am sure you all are feeling the same panic.  We are probably going to be stormed in for the next two days, so I will have time to get the last of the list done.  My wife and I wallpapered a ceiling area today in our fireplace area. With interruptions we were done by seven o'clock.  We didn't start until two-thirty so it was a quick job.  Our roof had a leak, which is now repaired and the wallpaper needed to be replaced.  It is done.     Thanks for sharing time with me,  I know it is busy out there for everyone.  

6 comments:

Valerie said...

You're work will provide someone with a lot of pleasure this Christmas. Best wishes for the festive season.

Sunny said...

I'm exhausted just reading all the things you've been doing! I hope you will enjoy a nice quiet Christmas.
Your framing is excellent, I can just imagine how nice the finished piece was.
Take care.
Sunny :)

Unknown said...

Your work looks very nice.

I'm like Sunny, exhausted after reading your blog! LOL! I hope you two can settle down and enjoy Christmas. ;D

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Your mat/frame turned out great, I bet they were very happy.
Sounds like you have been very busy.
Your tree looks very pretty, hope you and your wife have a nice Christmas.

The Retired One said...

Love the matting job..that is one thing I want to learn how to do.
Where do you buy your matting material? An art shop? Michaels?

OiseauBird said...

I can't beleive you live with snow aroud you !!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR