Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dentils are all in a row......




The dining room window is done and my wife bought curtains for our new window.  I have blogged about my dentil decorations on my wood mouldings around my windows in my house.  Dentils were used to decorate the Parthenon and they were carved in stone.  You can buy this kind of moulding but I have fun cutting and nailing them on. I have these decorations on the  front door, living room window and our bedroom window.  We we rework our spare room their is a window waiting for it's dentil treatment.





The window at night reflects the table with a quilt being use as a tablecloth to protect it.  I have plants in the window for a short time for watering purposes but plan to put them back into their east window. It will be nice to get the curtains up and take that off of the to do list.  This is a blurry picture when you enlarge it.  I will try to show you with a clearer picture later of  what I did for the crown moulding at the top of the window.     Have a good Sunday, and thanks for reading......

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Bravo!! It looks wonderful! I hope you are almost done..I get tired just reading about all you have accomplished in the last week or so..you better take a rest! :)

Sunny said...

I love the detail of dentil moulding, how talented you are to make it yourself. The window looks lovely.
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous wood trim, Larry! I am really impressed at your talents!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! That window looks fantastic! Good job!