Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Randomly posting hodgepodge.........


I am amazed of the sculptural forms of the weathered flowers. Some are sad and some seem to be majestically strong in spite of their condition.



While shooting pictures of jars set up in the window next to the fireplace, I noticed this guy with his pets. My wife has a collection of these types of figurines done in pastel glazes.


Button
Co-dependent dog follows mad photographer hoping not to be noticed.

I was out taking shots of the red maple tree and heard the escapee, killer dog walking in the leaves behind me. He had crawled through a large trellis area in our back yard fence. Normally the plants prevent him from knowing he could crawl through there but the plants have died down. I will have to put a piece of wood in there to block his way for the winter. He thought he was pretty smart following me out there to the front yard. The trellis fence is small enough that Barney sticks his head out of it to bark at people but he can't fit through it. Button was smelling everything he could find among the leaves.

Windy day all over the world. I brought plants in tonight as 32 degrees could freeze here in town with a wind. I left a few out to sacrifice to the garden gods as I just can't bring them all inside. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by..............

5 comments:

The Retired One said...

I love photographing the seed pods this time of year!
We had high, high winds today and rain off and on--even lost our electricity for about 4 hours...seems rotten weather is striking a lot of our nation tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry, Strange to think about you having a freeze overnight, of course, I know there are many miles between us. Today's winds and rain really knocked a lot of our leaves off the trees; tonight we are under a tornado watch and it is so very warm.
I love the pastel figurine with the cat and dog that belongs to your wife.
That Button is like Houdini! He sure looks like he's enjoying exploring!
Hope you have a good Wednesday.

Hilary said...

That's an adorable helper you have there.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good thing you had Button with you..you never know what could be lurking in the leaves..co- dependant..isn't that the truth! :)

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Button is a little cutie, it looks like he wanted to come and help you. :D

Thanks for the blog visit and comments, it is nice to be back blogging again. I think this way is going to work out a lot better for me.