Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wandering on Wednesday.........


Just another pretty picture. I have discovered that my Picasa storage is getting close to completely full. I also discovered that if I start throwing some of them away, that they disappear off my blog. The photos have to stay, so I will need to start paying them five dollars a year for a few more thousand spaces for pictures. It isn't a big deal, other than I didn't know how important it was to keep the storage space intact.


My dad quit making houses and his creative bug started taking off on him. He didn't make high quality crafts but his heart was in the right place. I love the halved walnut shells on the corners of his walnut clock. One of my sons is going to get this one as I think they need to remember their granddad.


I am not a mechanic. I fix computers and printers and scanners and can do a lot of fixing of a lot of things with wood but the combustible engine has surpassed my abilities. It is my dad's old mower and I have replaced both spark plugs, charged up the battery, and cleaned the air filter. I will change the oil soon, but it just won't work. My brother ran it for about 10 years, not maintaining it at all so I am trying to get it back to running. The air filter had not been cleaned out or replaced since it was purchased. Oh well, I will call the lad up the street who works on lots of machines and see if he can wave his magic wand over it.

It is definitely fall and I am getting use to it a little. Being chilled and catching colds is the next thing to happen. Leaves are starting to pile up so I need to get to it. Thanks for stopping in.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors of your zinnias are so pretty. I love the clock that your dad made. What a wonderful keepsake for one of your sons to remember him by. My Dad was great at working on cars and lawn mowers but neither my brother nor husband has the same talent! Our leaves are falling fast too! Take care - do you get a flu shot each year?

Hilary said...

Larry, why not just sign up for another free account. I use Photobucket and the only reason I began paying for the service is that I was beginning to use up the bandwidth allowance since I have so many photos on each post. But if you leave your current images with Picassa, they'll stay intact and you can use new images with Photobucket for free. Or I suppose you could do the same with Picasa if you just started a new account there. Either way, unless you're using up bandwidth with each hit, you shouldn't have to pay for photo storage.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am getting close to using up my storage too..I guess they will get 5 dollars from me too. So they disappear?? I have lots of doubles on mine..guess I will just leave them there.
That is a great clock your Dad made..I love the dark wood going straight up the center..your Son is a lucky lad!
Leaves..I hate them..but mine are finally done..yeah!!
Hope you get your mower going..it is probably something simple:)