Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yesterday's chores..........


I finished up a group of eight quilt blocks by matting and framing them for one of my customers.  The shop is closed but there is still work to get finished.  These were done by a person's  mother and she is sharing them with all the relatives.  Most of the blocks were done when she was young so they were difficult to stretch with out evidence of imperfections in the work.  The Chinese believe that evidence of the worker, artist, should show and that it should not be perfect so these quilt pieces do just that.



My wife and I potted up the leaf starts from the violet tray.  We also split one larger violet and turned it into two plants.  I am a lot concerned about that one as the roots were not so well sprouted on it that I cut away from the main plant.



I found these pots on sale earlier in the year and liked how you can water the plant from the bottom with the deliberately placed opening to facilitate it.



My final finish for the blog today is a photo of some plastic flowers. We have an area on the porch that just won't get enough light to living plant so we place seasonal fakes there instead.  I really liked the colors and patterns that the camera picked up in this shot.

Headed to  work on the house again today.  It is going to warm up so I can do a number of things outside to help get the house ready for sale.  A neighbor couple looked at it last week and really liked the renovations that we had done to the two bathrooms and the new kitchen floor.  They had only one income so they really didn't think they could swing a loan but I told them it wouldn't hurt to go talk to a bank and see.  If they can afford rent maybe they could get a loan for 35 years which really lowers the payments, plus 3 percent interest rate, wow.

I am glad it is warming up again as the fall really shouldn't be this cold.  I have a yard to be mowed again but it can wait until it really warms up.  I don't like to mow grass and wear a heavy coat at the same time.  I hope all is well with you out there and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You've worked really hard on the house this summer, it's going to be a mixed feeling of happy and yet sad, when you finally have a buyer.
The violets are lovely, I've never grown them myself, I understand they require lots of attention.
If you hadn't said the flwers were plastic, I would have thought they were real !
Hope you have a productive day tomorrow ...

Far Side of Fifty said...

You always have a hundred projects going Larry..your little African Violets looks great..you could start a Greenhouse! :)