Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday stuff.......


It is exciting to me to go into an attic or an old building to explore the past. This album is a lot like visiting the past as it was my mom's first photobook that she had a year before she married my dad and the next few years afterward. I imagine that the pictures were taken with an old box camera. The years would be 1939 to 1941 that the pictures were placed in this book.


Zinnia power is what it is all about. They keep blooming and I keep snapping the photos.


My new mandevilla plant is doing well in it's larger pot and the trellis is holding up well even though it could be doubled in height. It will be easy to bring it in for the winter. I am anxious to see how long that it will bloom when I do bring it in.

I am missing my family of two guys and their wives these days. I know they live so far away but it just as well be clear on the other side of the earth. I know they are doing ok and all is well. I guess I am feeling the isolation that winter will bring.

Thanks for stopping by............

3 comments:

Hilary said...

It's hard to adjust to time away from our kids. I hope you have some great travels ahead of you.

Anonymous said...

Good Sunday Morning Larry, How fortunate that your Mom kept her photos in an album. I know that must be a real treasure for you to have and enjoy.
I envy your ability to grow such pretty plants in pots over the winter. The mandevilla is a beautiful color. Your zinnias are like our balloon flowers; they just keep on blooming!
Do you have any plans to see your sons over the holidays? We certainly miss Larry since he moved to Calif. and I too dread the winter months.
Blessings to you this day.

Gigi Ann said...

It is always fun to look over the old albums of yesteryear.
Nice that your flowers keep on blooming for you to enjoy.
My family lives back in Maryland, and I know how you feel, I miss them also, but we keep in touch on facebook and e-mail. They put a lot of pictures on their facebook so I get to see the grandchildren doing cute things and watch them grow. We were back and visited them in April, 20-30 this Spring.