Friday, November 9, 2012

After Thanksgiving........


Deep in the basement my Christmas ornaments are discussing the oncoming event.  My wife and I enjoy Christmas decorating and the migration of the boxes of ornaments and lights will be coming up out of the dark basement and into the light.

One blogger friend I know has an outside shed in which he stores all of his decorations and trees.  I think the whole shed is dedicated to that one purpose.  I don't think we are that bad.  In fact I didn't buy a single new ornament last year.

It has been a long week and those who have what I caught are all drinking sprite and eating very little.  You can still function, you just can't put anything much into the stomach.  I am better now as the days pass by and I might even start to drink coffee by the weekend, or maybe not.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your stomach virus. I am beginning to see Christmas decorations come out at the shopping malls etc.
Hope you feel better soon.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love that first line! They take on a life of their own! Hope you feel better soon:)

troutbirder said...

Hope your feeling better... soon! Those Chrismas decorations brought up a nostalgic feeling for me as we dont decorate anymore. Our holidays have been spent in Colorado and now even father away in Arizona... A tradeoff, I guess.

Debbie Lo said...

Love the photo of the ornaments. They're really beautiful, especially with all the gold on them.

We refuse to decorate for Christmas until mid-December. We like to put up a real tree, and if we put it up too early, it's needles have fallen off by Christmas Day! We also like to leave it up until after New Year's.

So glad you're feeling better, Larry!