Monday, January 14, 2013

Seeing Green..........


I bought this as one plant and now look at it.  I have another start of it in a flatter bonsai like pot.  I repotted this last summer and it really did spread.



I ran out of pots so I put the five into a container of their own to share space.  I lay plastic over them loosely as I think the soil could dry out faster in this kind of container.


The amaryllis seems to be growing right in front of you while you view it.  I let it get a little dry so the past weekend I gave it a good drenching.

It was around 6 degrees F. this morning. That is almost-15 degrees C.  The clothing one is wearing seems to freeze because of the cold. My pants felt stiff as I walked from the car to the building.  I am an associate today for special needs students today. It is harder to scrape frost of the car window when it is frozen on that hard.  I like warmer frosty days.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of your houseplants. Sorry your weather is so bitter. I think the lowest temp I remember in GA was about 8 degrees.

Linda said...

Wonderful, Larry! It is so nice to see green.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your cutting look really good! Great to see some green! :)