Monday, April 15, 2013

Abstract Design.......


I stumbled into some art work that I had done in a design class many years ago.  Creating work with the design elements of simple shape, color, texture and line design.  It sometimes is more difficult  because it is not representing any real object.  Balance, informal, can also be complicated.


Pattern and color forming decorations can be fun.   I taught students to experiment with tempera paint creating free designs and varied color schemes.   This was a demonstration piece that I created for students to model from when they started a design art work.

I am in the middle school science room today.  They are setting off their volcanoes today, outside of course.  The will place menthol mints into shaken containers of pop and watching them erupt in foam.  It was so cold outside this morning that we had all of the experiments done in less than ten minutes.  It will be a little warmer this afternoon.  I am also working with three classes that are doing science fair work.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

L. D. said...

When I took the second group out after lunch, it had not warmed up. In fact there were particles of sleet and also bits of snow coming down on us.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I suppose I sent that snow! That last photo is stunning..love the colors and the pattern:)

Anonymous said...

Love the artwork.