Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Going Bananas.........


The stories of my fellow workers and their reaction to adjusting to DST are funny.  It makes me feel better when I am trying to figure out where on the cupboard shelf can I sit the milk.  My wife and I have been doing many non normal things the last couple of days.  It is worse than when I was doing strange things before DST. 


I reported on Photo a Day that Jack Sparrow is doing well in spite of his loss of his mate.  He is in with his offspring, shown above and he seems to be much better and a whole lot less nervous. 


The dismal sky shows the Canadian Geese flying around trying to find open corn fields.  They can pick up loose grains of corn with the snow melting. I guess they do hit the bean fields but a lot of farmers are growing the soybean crops like they use to do.  We have a lot of year round geese living here  so it is hard to identify the ones that are migrating. 

Middle school remedial reading is my assignment today.  I hope that all goes well with that.  It is an abbreviated, shortened day and that is good.   We take Button to the vet this afternoon to get his check up and his nails clipped.  It has gotten so that I can trim his nails as he can pull the sympathy card of being hurt by the process.  The vet can do it in less than two minutes and strangers doing give him a chance to yank his paws back like he does for his mommy and daddy.

We are cold today after having a warmer day yesterday.  We will warm up more the next couple of days.  Thanks for stopping by today. 


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you are still melting..we are not melting today but have hopes for tomorrow. The Day Lights Saving Time has me all messed up..I am groggy and tired all the time.
Poor Button..off to get his nails done, you will be Heros for rescuing him from the vet! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope Button did just fine!
We had rain this a.m. and then tonight the wind is horrendous.
We are struggling with the time change also. It does not take much to mess us up!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Maybe it's because we are both retired and don't have to be anywhere at any special time during the day, save for an occasional appt, that DST isn't a very bid deal on a personal level. I do wish, however, that it was later, like in April.