Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Morning........


It said on the package that they would sprout in 8 to 12 days.  The tomatoes are up already on day 5.  I had just found my plastic cover to put over them. I had misplaced it. While removing the plastic sheet that I had on them I was so surprised to see them pop up from under the sheet.


It has been windy the last couple of days.  The wind we received of course was out of the northwest and it was cold air.  We are at 13 degrees F. this morning.

I was looking in the store for something to put out for water for the birds.  I put an item in my cart and then realized I should have something already that would do the trick.  This large tray that goes under a planter will work great.  No bird will drown in my water dish.  Of course this morning it is a great ice skating rink for the birds as it was frozen.



The new cake of suet made the woodpeckers very happy. I never know which kind of suet to buy.  I did notice that one starling was not happy with one thing that was  in the cake as I saw it spit out a seed across into the  yard. He may have been just a picky eater.

It is Sunday and the official last day before school starts up again.  The forecast is for snow.  It won't be much but it does seem wrong to come back from a spring break with snow on the ground. I don't know if I will have work tomorrow or not.  I can't imagine anything keeping people from coming back from a week off unless they have a child that is sick.

 I hope you at least have sunshine like we do this morning. Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen called early today to report they had snow. We were expecting rain but it cleared up and was a nice day here.
My parents once had a little chipmunk family that lived under their deck, and we would place little mayo jar lids full of water out for them.
Wonderful to see your tomato seeds popping up. Best wishes with growing them this year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You will have Tomatoes before long! Green looks good! :)