Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday..........

Waiting for the right time to make his move to the feeder, the cardinals have been very hungry these past few very cold days.

 
My neighbor's feeder is in a better protected area and she is seeing a male cardinal without his tail feathers.  I wonder if that is what I picked up outside my side porch a few days ago. There were not large batches but there were a couple laying in the snow. I am bet the kestral is out and about trying to find lunch.


Tiny Tim isn't small anymore.  He looks like he has gotten over what ever was ailing him and he is now a nice sized tom cat. He is so friendly and would love to come into the house and check out the place.  Barney wouldn't like it and I bet the family next door would miss him. He comes over to check the automatic cat feeder to see if the food of the day would interest him.  The starlings have enjoyed the dry cat food the last couple of days. Tiny Tim does live next door most of the coldest nights and during the summer he just lives outside and at our feeder when he is hungry.

Back to school today as a social studies teacher.  To the most part it is a testing day for the classes.  That is a good thing for a sub.  Reading,answering questions or taking notes will fill out the rest of the day. We were down to -12 this morning.  It is suppose to change soon and warm up to +40 degrees by Friday.  That will be welcomed.  I hope all are safe out there and evreyone is feeling fine.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Hawks look at bird feeders as self serve buffets.

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh, Lovely photos! Cardinals are my favorite, and of course I like the kitty photo.