Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday's Things..........


Using the grab app on my computer I captured a close shot of one of the eagles.  The people have an ability to adjust the camera zooming in and moving the camera left to right.  I don't think they have bothered to do that but the time I checked on the nest someone was practicing zooming.  It gives me a better shot to share from the Decorah Eagle Cam. They have two eggs now and it will be interesting to see if there will be more.  One year they raised three birds and by the end of the year only one had survived the obstacles in life, like power lines.


There are some who are concerned about the temperatures and if they are being effect by our severe cold. As you can see they are snow covered this morning.  I would hope a lot of that will melt today off of their nest.  I have watched them trade nesting duties and the eggs really are not left out more than 15 to 20 seconds when the switch on the nest.  I see that they have a new stalk of corn added to their nest this morning.  It  makes you wonder what is going on in their brains as they do these behaviors.










Yes,  we are out of corn.  My neighbor says she has a bag of it to give me but that has not happened.  The evil stare by the squirrel should put me into a very guilty state but they are still hitting my bird feeder.

We are to have temperatures in the 40's today so we are getting closer to spring.  The next week is really going to be a lot warmer with 56 degrees F. as the average. We still have a coating of builtup ice on our driveways and on some side streets. The roads should clear up today but it won't be completely gone as the ground is still pretty cold.








From the category of things to do, my wife sold this painting to a woman in New Zealand.  We have shipped all over the other side of the world but it is always a concern that the painting gets there safely.  Paintings are easier to send that pastel work but I always have to be thinking about what happens if they sit a box on top of it, or if it ends up at the bottom of a pile.

I will layer foam core over it front and back so that it will be sandwiched for strength and then bubble wrap it in a suspended state.  It should do well as the  past pieces that we shipped to Australia and New Zealand survived the trip.










I am in the high school Science room today.  It is always an adventure with three freshman classes thrown in the mix.  I was called in late today but I am glad I did get work.  I hope everyone is starting to warm up.  Daylight savings time should me we should have spring-like weather.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your wife. That is such a lovely painting. I do hope it travels safely.

Thanks for the info on the eagle. Karen is having a bit of warm up in MO and is getting out for the first time in days. I hope you get the warm up too.

Patsy said...

There are three eggs as of Sunday. We look in every morning.
That is a beautiful painting. Glad you are warming up- been a hard winter.