Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday, Finally!


Happiness is finding a set of blooms that you never expected to see. The vine seemed stunted from the dry season last year but it still put out some great blooms.  I have a small purple clematis that is just now putting on buds.



Happiness is finding one iris that has a normal set of buds on it. I don't remember what color it is will be but I am glad I had planted there a couple of years ago. I think it is one of the old fashion iris.  I am thinking I need to move a bunch of my iris out into the sun.  My trees slow things down and I need to move my beds out away from them.









Happiness is seeing a hybrid iris finally mature and put out a bud that looks like this.  I will be taking shots of this bud in bloom by the end of this day. I was given this iris when my neighbor thinned out her iris bed.  I only have one other hybrid iris and it will be opened soon.












I visited school this morning to get some senior pictures.  I didn't succeed but I have the year book staff person on it to get it done today.  I stopped to see last years senior composite and I can't use it as an example.  When I get my final numbers of photos that go on it the number of graduates will be about 10 less.  I will have to refigure all of the spacing and rows of pictures.

I came home and planted zinnias this morning.  I had a multi color pack to get into the ground and also a pack of red zinnias.  I planted them in two different beds this year.  I also planted some of my sunflower seed.  I was disappointed in the variety that I purchased and the seeds seem to be so small.  I guess they are decorator sunflowers.  The package did say they would get to be 6-7 feet tall.  I may still buy some of the old workhorse kind that puts out big heads of seed.

I ventured over to the neighbor lady's house and planted for her a package of zinnias next to her two wagon wheels.  The ground was sandy from them doing construction projects and sidewalks so it was easy to dig up and ready for the seed.  I asked her to hit the beds later in the day with her sprayer with water as she appeared exhausted and wanted to go back in and watch her soap opera.

I am feeling stronger each day.  As I chip away at the small projects I am feeling better about catching up on my spring stuff. We will move into the warm season soon so I need to have everything planted now.  Next is to get the backyard mowed for the dogs.  We may loose Button in the tall grass if I don't get it mowed soon.

Thank you all for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes with your seeds. I look forward to watching the iris open.

Take care and don't overdo. Glad you are stronger.

Wishing you both a nice weekend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are sounding better! Your Iris will be beautiful! I mowed part of the yard and trimmed part of it...good thing I am retired..hotter that heck outside:(

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Happy Friday! The promise of zinnias when summer is in full swing. I hope they all sprout for you!

KathyB. said...

Your planting will hopefully yield a bounty of beauty to be captured by your camera for us to enjoy.

It is good to read you're feeling a little more energetic.