Monday, May 5, 2014

Rabbits Come and Go......


With a farm field across the street we seemed to never lack having a rabbit in the yard.  This one was less than ten feet away from me and it was certain that I couldn't see him.  He was in protection mode by standing very still.  Sometimes the rabbits do winter over under my front porch, eating food from the feeders and also trimming off some of my lilac bushes.  Some years I lose them from cars hitting them but there seems to be always another stepping in to take its place.  This is a larger rabbit so I am assuming it has wintered over on my property.


The bishop's weed, snow on the mountain, whatever you call it survived another winter.  It is short yet so we are not too far into spring.  The bayberry shrubs are looking good and when they get more filled out I will take shots of them. I survived my mowing of the yard on Saturday without any asthma break down.  I don't get that only once every couple of years and the primatiene tablets have to come out and save my life.  It usually is the new grass mowing that hits me hardest.  It isn't dusty this year so I may avoid it altogether. 





The sedum has grown a lot since my last photo.  Our soil is warming up so it will be getting much taller than this.  I have to remember to prune it back so I can keep it in a smaller shorter clump.



The ornamental pear tree is putting out great blooms right now.  The wind was blowing so I couldn't get a good close up of the flowers. This tree never puts out pears but it does put out blooms.  My mistake of not reading the label completely before the purchase.


My shrubs that look like this are all having a tough spring.  This one is being crowded out by a giant spreading juniper evergreen.  Others have been trimmed back and they are not going to bloom this year.  Some I took out all together along the alley as the sucker trees grew inside of them so much that I could not keep things looking good.  I can now mow over everything and no more sucker trees.

I am an English teacher today, Freshmen and Sophomores. I hope the day goes as well as the first three classes are going.  The class I am in right now is reading a brand new book named Code Name Verity. It must be good as they voluntarily sat down and started reading.

I hope all is well with you today.  I hope the weather stays more in the spring mode and we don't have to ever have our furnaces running again for a long time.  It does sound like the air conditioners will be churning soon as we are predicted to have an 82 degree F. day.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

That way the Rabbit's over look them. (Morning Glory's) LOL
Hope you had a good day!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We also have rabbits in the yard and in past years provided store bought food for them, but they seem to prefer the yard grass and clover.