Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday's Things......


The globe alum is pushing through around by gazing ball.  I brought the blue guy out a few weeks back when nothing was coming up.  Behind the ball you can visualize the lilac transplant.  It is really healthy looking this spring.  I had another sprout from it but the rabbits liked eating on it when the snow was higher.  One of the branches shows a very clean cut by a rabbit.


The oxalis is doing well in my side window.  It is a tough plant as I don't get it watered often enough.  I do think that it will be blooming soon with the spring light coming in the window.  My other planting of this plant in the donkey cart container seems to be doing well also that it in the dining room window.



I am home today so I may get out to check on my robins nest progress.  I don't think I have seen so many robins this year as we have in our yard. They are enjoying by bird bath tray of water and also are out hitting all the puddles. I noticed again today the the bluejays are hitting the neighbors pine tree often.  The tree must be putting out a smaller seed like cone that they can eat before it develops into a larger cone.










The orchard area is one my natural areas of  my yard.  At one time I did planned arrangements out there but now it is every plant for itself.  The tulips and grape hyacinths keep going and the test pocket of iris is still staying strong. Can you appreciate the fallen limb I placed like a decoration for now until I am able to burn it.

I have moved some of those iris out of the mass planting area, which had been given to me as starts in a large quantity. Even as I thinned them out hoping not to leave them there,they seem to be now established. If my ash tree is dead they will be glad to get the benefit of more sunlight and will do better there. 

We have errands to run today and customers from the past are bringing me an antique sweater to be framed today.  I had framed a 1920's gym outfit and a letter sweater at a similar time period many years ago  When they call to do one more sweater I feel like I can't refuse to do it.  We will get to a pharmacy today, pick up some grocery sales and hope to hit a Wally mart sometime. I do have work tomorrow again so we try to use my nonworking days at getting these kind of things done.


Being that it is May 1st I will share some flowing lilacs in honor of the day.  I know that ours will be blooming like this in a few weeks.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by my blog.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

We made it to May, things will be looking up now.
Happy May Day!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your pretty home in the gazing ball. Fun to see signs of spring around your yard. Hope you both enjoyed getting out and about today.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Still framing...you are a great guy to keep doing that for people! I bet you will have Lilacs in bloom before me:)