Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday's Things


The apples are keeping me busy.  They are still hanging on the tree is some high places. It is about time for a pie or another cobbler.


Aronia berries are the rage is some parts of the country.  They are eating them for great health benefits.  They are touted as better than pomegrante fruit.  I have one bush as your  probably already know.  A couple who were both my students several years ago have just planted 2500 bushes.  They are in Granger south of us 9 miles and I am betting they will have a "pick your own" business.  We have a" pick your own" strawberry business to the south of them on the other end of town.





I bought 10 small goldfish for the tank in the science room. The tank had natural fish from  ponds and rivers and I had to move them all out of the tank and put them into another tank.  I put my now 9 fish in the tank as one was dead when I checked them when home from the store.  Within twenty minutes a crawfish had one of my goldfish in his mouth and he was chewing away.  I didn't know that there were two of them in there and I had a student get them out of there. I think they are now in a danger free zone.

It is Thursday and I have almost survived my first week as a science teacher.  I work on painting on the house a little each evening but will wait until Saturday to do serious time on it. The weather is cooling down again for a few days.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: