Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday's Things.......


The checkerboard is always a striking decoration.  There are a set of three of these pots but one is busy holding an African violet. 



The camera continues to pick up reflections as yellow instead of the true color. It would look great if it were the real colors but the camera likes to mix them up a little.












 
It is not a pretty sight but the very old house has paint layers from a very old paint that is flaking off of the cedar siding.  I am not done scraping this but I did get about a half hour in last night scraping the old kitchen side.  I will layer on thick coats of primer before I paint it with the new top paint.  Primer does soak in old paint to some extent and helps to make the whole area of paint stick better.  Most of my house I have replaced all of the siding but the south side is remaining authentically old. 



It is a busier life again as I give up 8 hours a day to the school.  I am on day 2 of the long term subbing job.  I will have to get into my groove as the days go by.  I will be on my own completely tomorrow and I think things will go good.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: