Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts


The glue has held this guy together for the season.  His aging process has created wonderful colors and textures and it adds to his expression.  The angel either is wondering when I will take him in for winter or if anyone is going to come clean up this leaf mess.  The hosta in the background is doing a great job giving the angel a good background.  The hosta survived the hail and went on to grow large and lush.




The window box planter full of geraniums sits on the patio table now.  For some reason in the fall the box gets knocked off the shelf on the fence so I just moved it to the table. I will have to decide what to do with all the long vines.  Some years I trim them back and sometimes I just let them hang while in the house. 

During the summer I can break off parts and stick them into the soil to restart them but it is getting too late to do that.  I do believe we are beyond having any hot days anymore as it is foggy and looks like rain is on its way.  I could try to get them to root the next couple of weeks.








If the weather holds and time permits I am going to move some of this daylily.  It has grown very large since I brought it here from southern Iowa. 

I lost a cousin due to cancer a couple of days ago.  She is actually a daughter to my first cousin so I am assuming she would be called a first cousin, once removed.  Shellie had fought the cancer for over 7 years but it just invaded her severely this time and she lost her life. 

I use to see her and her brother on the school bus everyday as she was in kindergarten and then first grade as I was on my way out of high school. She and her brother we a couple of rough and tuffies as they grew up together.  I can still remember the two of them coming into their house and it was like a tornado of energy as they did everything together playing on the farm.

 She is a daughter of one of my older cousins and I really didn't get to see her grow up much after I left school in Murray. Shellie has two grown children just out of college and was divorced very early in her marriage.  We will go to Osceola for the visitation and maybe I will see some long lost cousins that will be back for the funeral.  She was close to my parents and one brother that died.  I guess her dad was close to my late brother as they worked construction together. Only at funerals did I ever see Shellie. She was the only member of the family that worked the quilting tradition out of all of my first and second cousins.  My mom was the only other one in the entire family that quilted.


The neighbor's sheltie is giving me the look as I take photos.  I don't ever go see her as she is on one of the electronic yard systems.  I don't want to get her in trouble by getting familiar with her. She is so pretty and it looks like well washed.  I hope they are nice to her as I never see them relate to her.  She does go to the fair with them and they take her camping.  Barney really would like to meet her but she is off limits.

Fall leaves will be the theme soon as our trees are starting to turn.  We are cold and foggy and it seems like a pretty dismal day.  I didn't get work today.  I didn't want work today.  I will be working on a major project trying to get it done. I did get my paint purchased and when the sun shines again I will be out there.  If I could just get an hour in a day  painting it wouldn't take long to be done as it only the one side of the house. 
I will shut this down for today and hope all are well.  Thanks for stopping in on my blog.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Our daylily's are putting up new shoots now.
So far the much needed rain has missed us.
Sad to lose family members so young.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The Sheltie sure is pretty no wonder Barney wants to meet her! I hope they are good to her too...Shelties can be shy.
Hope you get started on your painting project:)