Friday, October 10, 2014

The Finish for the Week............


Begonias are doing well in their pot but they are easy to over look when it comes time to bring them inside.  The last frost scare that we had I saw them out their hanging the next morning.  The begonia seems a little tougher than some but freezing can take them out immediately.


The blue gate is posted again as some of my new followers are not sure what that left hand thing that I posted was all about.  


A larger than normal bird was at the top of this tree.  I think it was a mourning dove as I could hear a call from another tree and it was a mourning dove call.  I could not zoom it in to make me able to really identify it.  I did have a red cardinal land and leave while I was trying to get this shot.  I hate missed shots but it was just landing and taking off again without really any pause.









Here is a second shot of the mystery bird.









I is a good day as it is Friday.  I hope to take some time off tomorrow.  It is a cool day and I think tomorrow it won't be much warmer.  I really like the color in the zinnia here.  I have really enjoyed growing them.  The morning glories are all gone except for one single vine.  I am betting it won't be around much longer.

I have more tomatoes to pick this evening and I will be doing the apple job every day.  I am ready for some of the harvesting to be done but I do like free food. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

The blue gate looks great! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

I love your signature blue gate.