Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday........


A hand-thrown mug that I bought in Omaha is going back into active duty.  I haven't used it for a while but I like drinking coffee from it. The potter's name are only initials for now as I don't remember the name.  We use to visit Omaha to see their art museum every few years and which there we visited a shop that had many artists' works.  I have about four pieces of this woman's pottery. I would hope that someday that maybe I could get back to a potter's wheel and make some of my own.


While photographing the mug I realized that the mug was in the hub of where it is all happening. I bought weather stripping for my door that I had squared to the door opening.  The new weather stripping worked perfectly when I replace the old stuff.  The mug is sitting in the framing area where I am trying to finish up this job with a shadow boxed item.

I have been on this job for a very long time.  I couldn't find my standard framing material for a shadow box as the suppliers have quit selling it. I have had to buy finished trim pieces and invent my frame.  It is going to work but I had to spend an hour cleaning wood glue off of the areas where is was not suppose to be.

I live, learn and now hate this job but it will look good when I am done.  I need to fasten the top piece with nails, sparingly, to the base to make it more secure. Then I will fill the holes with a matching filler.  I will share the finished work as I get closer to the end. My substitute teaching job of ten weeks got into the wary of me working on this.  I want finish it soon and get it out of the house.

I will soon be taking shots from my window to the world more regularly.  There isn't snow out there yet but the plants are already in the window enjoying the light and warmth.

I hope everyone will have a great Sunday.  Thank you for checking in on my spot today.

2 comments:

Red said...

I like your christmas cactus in the last photo.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope your Christmas Cactus will bloom! No snow, good for you! :)