Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Good Morning........


The blooming of the lily at our new place is welcomed. It is the only lily planted on the property.  I at first thought it was of the Easter lily variety but the petals are not that kind of flower.  It grows in clay soil at the back of the house next to a rhubarb plant and a newly planted hosta.  It is a strange garden planting plan. I have yet to decide if I will move any of the lilies to the new yard or just buy some new ones.  I had a neighbor lady ask to take samples from my hosta plants. I have so many places that they are planted and they are thick so I was glad to give her permission.  The new owner of the house may just plow everything down.

Leaving our art studio and gallery display area  was not easy.  But as we continued to move in to the new place we discovered the lower floor display space.  I am certain that the lights were intended for a corner couch and family room area. The lights turned towards the walls give us two larger walls to display all the art.

I am hesitant to start as I don't know where to begin.  Yet, we have hung work on our two walls in our old house for 30 years.  I just need to start doing it.

Everything is unpacked now with just a few large works leaning on the wall at the other end of the room. The arrangements are done by size in a design and not by a theme.  It will feel more like home as the things get hung. We don't have any of our work hanging upstairs either.  The process of moving in is so long and drawn out and bit by bit we will get there.


Barney gave me a Father's Day card this year and it has a great illustration on it. The dog expresses the joy of a dog seeing their person coming home. Barney is doing well but is slowing down a lot in his years of 14 plus.

Working at home today, working at so many different things.  We will run an errand this afternoon and hope to get end tables for our guest bed room.  I have curtains to hang in there that were used in our dining room at the old place. I lost the brackets that hold the rod so will just go buy a new set at Ace Hardware. It is easier than waiting until they get discovered in whatever box they are stored.

It is a raining day for us today.  Severe weather was suggested but things don't appear to be that here. Have a great day.  Thanks for stopping in today.

3 comments:

A Colorful World said...

What a lovely morning lily!!! White and pure and full of promise for a good day!

I can't wait to see your art walls!!!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Sounds like you're gradually getting there!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your lower level area will be wonderful with all those paintings:)