Monday, December 31, 2018

Eve 2018 to 2019.......


Acadia National Park is next to Bar Harbor Maine. My wife and I received new Maine parkas for Christmas from our Maine kids.  The shirts themselves took the long route as our daughter-in-law ran into a deer while out driving and the shirts stayed in the trunk of the wrecked vehicle for quite a while. DIL didn’t get much damage other than the airbags tried to beat her up.  We enjoy wearing the Maine shirts in Iowa and people think we are from there.


The cardinal bird has yet to return.  I guess the squirrel likes the seed well enough that he returns many times  a day. He has a mess out there with seeds and shells scattered all over th area..

This is an older piece that came from my wife’s family things.  The red on the little boy is flaking off some.  A candle is to sit right behind the fire box so that fireplace will glow.
This is my all time favorite of all the teddy bears in the house.  This guy with his coordinated plaid bow tie and pads on his feet just looks spiffy at all times. His smile is always present and his perky nose is pronounced.

We went to get some last minute things at the supermarket.  Half of the town of 63,000 were also there doing the same thing.  It took me 15 minutes of driving around just to get a place to park.  We always say that why did we not do this on the day before today.

We are going out to a Chinese Restaurant for supper this New Year’s Eve.  It isn’t too far from where we live and we enjoy eating there. We will be enjoying the day at home tomorrow and maybe watch the freezing snow and rain from inside.

Thank you for checking in today.  Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I'm thankful your dil was not badly injured from the wreck. I like the shirt. Great photo of the squirrel; they can surely be messy! The little fireplace piece is cute as can be. I hope you enjoyed your Chinese food and I wish you many blessings in the new year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy new year that is a snazzy shirt! Pat Barney for me!