Saturday, December 1, 2018

Saturday Morning....


Half lighted tree on Friday.  It was a good start for the busy day that we had.  I only lost one strand of lights from last year and I think I still have plenty.





Things seem crowded and we both go and mess with it to scatter things out the first week that it is up. The tradition that I remember as far back as 1954 when we had a scrubby cedar tree from the timber continues with our fake one today.  There were real trees in during our early years of marriage.  We  took the boys to a tree farm and cut one for decorating. If we hadn’t replace the living room carpet a few years back there would still be hidden pine needles in the living room. We have had this artificial one probably 25 years now.  I gave it a good bath in the bathtub a few years ago which made it look great again.


The completed tree will be shown tomorrow.  It took a long time for us to get all the ornaments on the tree. I only added four new ornaments, gold acorns, but it seems like we have hit our limit. The old fake tree is holding up great.  It snowed during the time we were hanging ornaments which added to the mood.  My old sound system was on and the Christmas songs were being sung.

Barney is now sleeping in front of the sound system have another good nap. The day has been rainy and then snow was falling but we now are warming up to be above freezing. I wish you all to have a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by today.