Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thursday’s Things.....


The morning view is mostly cold and clear. I don’t know what will become of those clouds but the wind is blowing toward them. The clouds on the edge were the only beauty in the sky as the dark cloud hovers.

Yesterday’s early morning shows the subtle moon and the bright star. I have learned from blogger friends that it is Mars.

I have never zoomed in on any star or planet before now. I was very surprised that the camera picked up a grayed planet.  The planet is just too far away for me to get anything but a shape.  I can say that was a first for me in my 68 years of life, being able to see a planet on my own with a camera. If I had a tripod out there in the cold air I could have not had a blurred multiple image.

. The tree in the spare bedroom is completed. The window faces the street to help make our house look decorated to the outside.  This tree is the collection of glass blown ornaments that I have been picking up for a long time.  I would never pay full price and they were bought after Christmas.  The collection grew so large that I had to buy this larger tree last year.  I still reserved the smallest  sized glass blown ones on a smaller tree.  I repaired a string of bubble lights with a new fuse recently and I bought one more set just for good measure. The tree doesn’t lean and the windows are not crooked.  I will try to get a better photo later on before Christmas.

In order to get the tree to be closer to the wall I have not installed the branches in the back of the tree so it fits closer and flat to the wall. I wanted it more to have it look good in the window. The bedroom would be too crowded with the back of the tree being installed. It really isn’t noticeable and it saves me from decorating the complete tree.



I will share the last smaller tree tomorrow.  It sits on a dresser in the same room in front of a mirror. I am in the process of getting out the last major decoration to be displayed. My wife's village will be put out soon.  I counted the numbers of the buildings and I am up to 12 buildings now. I picked up a newer one at a thrift shop over the summer. That will be a lot of steps on the stairs. I do have everything waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

It is a stay at home day for me today. Many little things I will mess with and places to clean.  I did get my outside lights up yesterday and I am glad I don’t have to work outside today. I think this cold so early in December is getting to be unbearable.  I know I just need to wear more coats and sweaters.  I only destroyed one whole set of lights with one simple brick being set on one of the lights.  I smashed it easily and I threw it all away.  I was glad I had one more spare set so I could finish up the garden ledge’s lighting.


Thanks for checking out my post today.  I know you are out there and many of you are keeping an eye on me.  The stats don’t lie. I hope everyone will have a good day.

No comments: