Thursday, March 21, 2024

Happy Thursday......


It looked better in real life. I am not sure why as I saw more glow on the top of the clouds.  Maybe I held my camera too high and the angle changed the view. 

 


 My very first daffodil was blowing in the cold breeze. The light seemed to be too bright for the camera so I couldn't get good value contrast. The one lone bulb now has a partner to now open soon out front of the house. The backyard daffs are in the shade of the house half of the day so they are slower to bloom.



I was surprised to see this color out front.  I walked over and then remembered I have hyacinths growing there. They show the effects of drought as the flowers on the stems are miniamal  They still have great color. Some of the flowers aren't open as it is too cold for them. 



Being poor farmers we rarely ever had many special dinners with fancy dish settings. On rare occasions my mom would use this pedestal dish.  I remember when a large family group was in for a potluck dinner my mom put jelly in it.  Other times she would put cranberry sauce in it. I watch garage sale posts and this dish pops out as they scan the camera down the shelves of old glass dishes. I did look it up on the net and it is called a lidded Jeanette Wedding Box. It was worth over a hundred dollars. I see Fostoria makes a fancier look one also. It will just be a display item for us also.

It is not going to warm up much. I walked outside for a shot time but it isn't that great to be out there. I will go get the mail and recycle bin in this afternoon and that should do it for me.  Thanks for stopping by today.   Oh yes we may have snow soon.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The good dishes were hardly ever used. You have some real pretty flowers!